Monday, February 9, 2009

For the Love of Blogging and Mabel's Labels Blogher '09 Contest


Mabel's Labels is a fabulous company offering a great selection of labels and stationery products. The clothing labels are so smart - perfect for keeping track of jackets, sweatshirts, shoes, you name it! I also really love their mama cards, they're gorgeous!

So not only does Mabel's Labels make smart products, this mom-owned company has also thought up a clever contest, with the ultimate grand prize: a sponsorship to Blogher '09!



So yes, this novice mama is entering the Mabel's Labels Blogher '09 Contest...wish me luck! For entry, Mabel's Labels would like to know what have been the rewards and benefits of participating in the blogging community. So here it goes...

I first started participating in the blogging community in early 2007 when Peekaboo Picks was founded. Right from the get go, I was hooked! I was instantly meeting like-minded moms from all over the country and connecting with other mom entrepreneurs. Because Peekaboo Picks offers product reviews, I also got to see many of these mom creations in person, and I was just blown away with the talent and craftsmanship that was out there!

Now that I've been blogging for going on 2 years, a lot of things have changed. The infiltration of social media platforms (i.e. twitter, facebook, etc.) have definitely changed the landscape. It's amazing how well connected we moms are! My own baby, Peekaboo Picks, has grown from just me blogging about my fabulous finds, to a whole team of savvy moms and opinion makers. And just recently, The Novice Mom was born, and I'm thrilled to be re-entering the personal blog space!

Over the course of these past two years I have met hundreds of amazing women. Many of these have developed into friendships, and for that I am truly grateful. As a mom of two young children, it's difficult to get out of the house to meet other moms, but through the blogging community and the wonders of Web 2.0, I feel pretty darn connected! And not only am I meeting other moms, but they are women who I connect with on many levels, sharing common interests, and sharing similar experiences. That's pretty awesome if you ask me!

The blogging community has become an integral part of who I am today, and I'm excited to get even more involved as The Novice Mom grows. So that's why Mabel's Labels NEEDS to send this novice mama to Blogher '09, don't ya think?!

Thanks to Mabel's Labels for sponsoring such a fabulous contest and if you're a mom blogger, be sure to enter yourself, you can find all the info right here. Good luck!

3 comments:

Momfluential said...

I hope you win Megan! I am planning on going and since it is happening the same week as my bday, would like to be celebrating with "my" peeps :)

Megan said...

That would be so fun! Did you go last year? This would be my first time...wish me luck :)

Ohana Mama said...

Good luck Megan! I entered the Label Daddy blogher contest - hoping we can meet at BlogHer 09!