Saturday, November 15, 2008

Dedicated to the Cause

Yikes, guess I'm not as great at blogging as one would think! Jason gets on me all the time that I don't update our family blog, and I feel bad about that. I need to update more often, take more pictures, and be better about documenting this very special time in my life. But here's the honest truth. In the last couple of weeks I have finally come to terms with the fact that I'm a stay-at-home mom. I'm a SAHM...who would have guessed?! I've been fighting that title for so long, that it feels strange to finally embrace it.

But I am embracing it. Because the truth is, as much as I want to be a WAHM (work-at-home mom) I've got to get this mom thing down first. So here's the deal. I've been shutting down the computer more, doing the dishes everyday, and keeping my house somewhat (gasp) clean and orderly. I make Aiden breakfast. We've been practicing his numbers more and watching television less. I'm thinking about cooking and contemplating a weekly meal plan. Heck, I'm even going to my first Carnation Mom's Night Out this week...I must be a SAHM!

And you know what, it feels good. I actually really enjoy being a mother. Not that I haven't always enjoyed being a mother, but I'm almost to the point where it's enough...almost.

Really, I've just enjoyed being in the moment more with my family. And I am SO SO SO excited for the things we have coming up in the near future.

I've been able to take a step back from everything...all of my lofty ideas...and have realized that I just want to be the best mother and wife that I can be. And as for my career aspirations? Well, that's a whole other blog post altogether.

So good things are happening with the Thomas fam. Most importantly, love is overflowing in our little house...

but no more babies...

for now. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I read through all your posts and I'm honored to be on your (temporarily) short list of readers!

I SO remember the days of going from career oriented (read: awesome job at Microsoft) to SAHM (in ALASKA of all places). What an honestly horrifying transition. Not that I didn't want it, but it was a shock to the system and it took a while to overcome it. I admit I still have moments but for the most part, this life feels right.

This week was actually a rough one as far as being a good wife and mom was concerned. Thanks for the reminder of why I'm doing this. It couldn't have come at a better time! Okay, off to wipe crayon off the walls...