Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The Year of Change

We heard the word over and over this election season: change. Change we can believe in. Change we need. Yes we can [change]! Now that the election is over, and the economy has gone down the toilet, I for one am ready for change! A little more change in my pocket would be nice too.

And while I'm confident President (Elect) Obama truly will be the change this country needs, I'm also thinking about the changes I will be making personally in 2009.

As mentioned in a previous post, I'm hoping to change my perspective in 2009 when in comes to being a SAHM. I never thought I would be asking my hubby (er, I mean Santa) for a sewing machine for Christmas, become a regular at bunko nights, or be this excited about going to story time at the brand new library. But what can I say, things change.

Next year I'll be making some changes to Peekaboo Picks in hopes of remaining relevant in the oversaturated baby industry, to bring more of my personal influence to the magazine, and well, simply to keep it fresh and fun as I have a tendency to get bored with it.

I'm also launching a new site in January! I've been toying with the concept for a couple of months now, and I've decided it's time to make it happen! I'm in planning mode now, working on the site design and ironing out the details. So stay tuned...

And then of course, there is The Novice Mom. This is where all of these changes will be documented on an (almost) daily basis. Yes, 2009 will be the year of change and I'm looking forward to the journey! I hope you'll join me.

No comments: